Promoting a Safer Church
We are committed to Safeguarding Children, Young People, Victims of Domestic Abuse and Vulnerable Adults.
Each of our Parochial Church Councils have adopted the Church of England’s policies and best practice on safeguarding which may be found on the Church of England’s website
- Promoting a safer environment and culture
- Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children and vulnerable adults
- Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation
- Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse or other affected persons
- Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns/allegations of abuse and other affected persons
- Responding to those that may pose a present risk.
Our Parish Safeguarding Officers are:
Jane Fallows for All Saints, Rettendon, who may be contacted at church or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Rita Blake for St Nicholas, Rawreth, who may be contacted at church or by email email@example.com
Tracy Batcheler for St Thomas, Hullbridge, who may be contacted at church or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
We work under the direction of the Chelmsford Diocese Safeguarding team who can be contacted through www.chelmsford.anglican.org/safeguarding
If there is an immediate risk or danger please contact the police on 101 or 999.
• NSPCC: 0808 800 5000
• Childline: 0800 1111
• Stop It Now: 0808 1000 900
• NAPAC: 0808 801 0331
• Samaritans: 116 123
• Family Lives: 0808 800 2222
• National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247
• Action On Elder Abuse: 080 8808 8141