Promoting a Safer Church
We are committed to Safeguarding Children, Young People, Victims of Domestic Abuse and Vulnerable Adults.
Each of our Parochial Church Councils have adopted the Church of England’s policies and best practice on safeguarding which may be found on the Church of England’s website
- Promoting a safer environment and culture
- Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children and vulnerable adults
- Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation
- Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse or other affected persons
- Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns/allegations of abuse and other affected persons
- Responding to those that may pose a present risk.
Please contact one of our safeguarding officers or Richard our Priest in Charge if you have any safeguarding concerns, comments or questions.
Our Parish Safeguarding Officers are:
Jane Fallows for All Saints, Rettendon, who may be contacted at church or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Rita Blake for St Nicholas, Rawreth, who may be contacted at church or by email email@example.com
Tracy Batcheler for St Thomas, Hullbridge, who may be contacted at church or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
We work under the direction of the Chelmsford Diocese Safeguarding team who can be contacted through www.chelmsford.anglican.org/safeguarding. You can also contact the safeguarding team directly if you have a safeguarding concern in the parish but feel it inappropriate to contact one of our PSOs directly.
If there is an immediate risk or danger of abuse please contact the police 999 straight away.
• NSPCC: 0808 800 5000
• Childline: 0800 1111
• Stop It Now: 0808 1000 900
• NAPAC: 0808 801 0331
• Samaritans: 116 123
• Family Lives: 0808 800 2222
• National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247
• Action On Elder Abuse: 080 8808 8141
Local Authority Safeguarding Teams
Our Parishes are all covered by Essex County Council and include areas in Basildon and Rochford Districts and Chelmsford City, each has their own safeguarding information and contacts:
Basildon: Basildon Borough Council’s Safeguarding Page
Rochford: Rochford DC’s Safeguarding Page
Chelmsford: Refers people with concerns to Essex County Council’s website
Essex County Council has a range of detailed resources to help understand the scope and signs of possible abuse and to report concerns:
Adults: Adult social care and health pages
Children: Report a concern about a child pages